Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Indian Vehicle Graphic


The vehicles again ask us to ‘horn please’. In India if a person buys a truck or lorry or even an auto-rickshaw, he will go and hire a painter and get the whole vehicle painted with ornamental typo and symbols. Most of them inspired from religion or Family Names. It has become fashion to write something funny on the back the truck/auto/bus.

Since childhood I notice these arts on vehicles, but never thought much about them. While on my recent travel, we were stuck in a jam on a highway. Here again I saw same old motifs and texts. What struck me were the bright colors. The vehicles were ordinary and carried ordinary good, but the owner thought his vehicle special. I feel art like this shows an owner’s love for his vehicle, which may not be so in advertising truck art.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Sonam
    I'm Sagun, you have done such a good and conceptual jobs.
    I'm inviting you to upload your artworks to our official website www.cgfrog.com
    We will review your submissions to make sure they meet our requirements, and after editorial process your works will be published accordingly.
    www.cgfrog.com is the one and only official address we use.

    You can send us images that you want to promote to our email id :
    contact@cgfrog.com, cgfrog.com@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

speak your heart!!